Co-founder of IGN, Peer Schneider sits down with Max Roberts to offer a look inside the world’s largest gaming website—IGN. Peer shares about bringing video games back on TV, reacting and responding to the audience, and how to keep reporting entertainment and gaming news fresh over the course of 20 years. With 156 million monthly users across 12 platforms, IGN is a massive machine. Join us for a peek at the parts the make it all work and the community that fuels it.
Dope facts about Peer Schneider
- Peer is a meme. For real. Check it out.
- Peer grew up in Germany, went to college in Japan, and now helps run IGN in America.
- Peer wrote the IGN review for Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door. I love that game dearly.
LINKS TO ARTICLES MENTIONED IN THE INTERVIEW
(Listed in order of publication date)
- Imagine Games Network (Original Website)
- Origins: The History of IGN
- Airship Travelogues Episode 006: IGN64 Nostalgia
- Peer Schneider (Special Guest) – Kinda Funny Gamescast Ep. 89
- IGN X Twitter E3 2017 Coverage Press Release
- Don’t Die Interview with Peer Schneider
- Action and Reaction with Peer Schneider: Pockets Full of Soup Ep. 48
- Games You Should Be Playing Right Now – The IGN Show EP. 7
This episode was recorded on July 26, 2017.